Ultrasound of the prostate gland (Kyiv)
When is ultrasound of the prostate gland prescribed?
- For example, the patient applied with a minor problem, but he has some chronic diseases, concomitant pathology. Or he is at an age that predicts possible age-related changes in the prostate and kidneys. In this case, we recommend conducting a study, if it has not been conducted before, and the information is needed.
- If a man has applied with symptoms that indicate that he most likely has problems with the prostate gland.
- If the patient is already chronically ill, or he needs to see a doctor and undergo an examination every year.
- Ultrasound of the prostate gland is prescribed when the patient is undergoing treatment, and it is necessary to see the state in dynamics. And also, if you need to see the result of the treatment, before and after. Or complaints reappear, and it is necessary to clarify whether or not some pathology affects one or another organ, including the prostate.
How is the procedure performed?
Ultrasound of the prostate gland is usually done in 2 stages:
- TRUS (transrectally, with a cavity (rectal) sensor. As part of the procedure, we also see the condition of the seminal vesicles, look at the section near the prostate (veins).
- Ultrasound of the prostate gland and bladder, including residual urine. It is made with a convex (semicircular) sensor.
All data are recorded in the patient's card, as well as in printed form (examination images and conclusion) - given to the patient.
In our clinic, you can not only do an ultrasound of the prostate gland, but also get a competent explanation of the results right away, since the procedure is performed by a urologist.
Why is it important to do an ultrasound of the prostate gland?
- If there are symptoms or complaints in the field of urology - this study confirms or refutes the diagnosis. And also provides the doctor with additional data about the patient's condition.
- In the case when a person has complaints, and especially acute pain (in the abdomen, chest), but the diagnosis is unclear. A wider examination is needed, taking into account the exclusion of certain suspicions. Then in the field of urology, ultrasound of the prostate gland (including transrectal), ultrasound of the kidneys and bladder is recommended. When all the results and the conclusion of the urologist are available, it is easier and faster to diagnose the patient. If everything is fine in urology and no pathologies are detected, the patient can safely refer to other specialists, having the results of the urologist's examination in hand.
Ultrasound of the prostate gland can be performed at our address:
Kyiv, st. Glazunova, 3 (Druzhby Narodiv metro station)
Author of the article:
urologist, andrologist, doctor of the highest category
about the doctor: https://urology-practice.com.ua/en/urologist_-andrologist-leonid-maksimenko.html